Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What a Mighty God I Serve

"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth"  Psalm 46:10.  My nine year old son Cory suffers with multiple disabilities.  He is in a wheelchair, and is unable to set, stand or move on his own.  I've been told by the many doctors who care for him that he will never walk, talk or see.  BUT GOD!  You see, when Cory was born, I was told that he was a vegetable; but if you see him for your self, will would attest that "the devil is a liar"!

For the past six months, we've been watching Cory's spin progressively curve to dangerous degrees.  So the orthopedic and the neurosurgeon was looking at spinal cord and tether cord surgery.  These surgeries are very dangerous to an already medically fragile child.  So, the more talk of the surgeries, the more I cried out to my miracle performing God.  "For with God, nothing is impossible" Luke 1:37.

So last week, we went to our follow up appointment with the orthopedic doctor.  When she put the x-ray of his spin on the board, she looked as me and asked "What have you been doing, his spin is straight!"  Well, needless to say, I responded, "PRAYING!"  You see, I serve a mighty God, one who specializes in the impossible.  One who has been performing miracles, signs and wonders down though the centuries.  And I believe and stand on the promises in God's Word; "But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him; and with His stripes we are healed" Isaiah 53:5.

So I encourage you today reading this, put your trust in the one, true and living God.  He is the Lord of lords and King of kings!

Be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Praise God for giving you the faith to trust in Him! What an encouraging story, Pamela, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete