Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The More I Die, The Closer God Gets

We like things to come quickly, easily, and cheaply.  God knows that such things never produce godly character in us.  Jesus says: "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.  For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.  For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?" (Matthew 16:24-26).

Intimacy with God requires brokeness, because purity comes from brokeness.  He will reveal more of Himself to you if you are willing to die to yourself.  When the apostle Paul wrote, "I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily" (1 Corinthians 15:31), he was saying; "I enter into the presence of God every day".  God is calling!  He is calling people who want serious revival into a place of transparent purity.

Please understand, that He wants to draw near, and when you come near, He will have to deal with you.  Meaning, you must die.  God told Moses, "No man has seen My face and lived."  Flesh can not live in the glory of the Most High God.  When the glory of God comes, the flesh doesn't feel comfortable.  It becomes weakened by His presence.  Something dies within us every time we are confronted by God's glory.  Just as the prophet Isaiah received the hot coals on his lips, we receive the hot bread of His presence and are forever changed. When more of our flesh dies,  more of our spirit lives.

I want more of God!  I want to move from the place of anointing into His manifested glory.  So I choose to obey God's call for brokeness, death and purity.  To walk in holiness, love and peace.  I want to be more like Jesus.  What about you?

Be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Nice post. I want more of God too. I want to fall deeply in love with Him. People could be so in love with someone even to the point of fanaticism. Fans would wait for hours for their idol (singer or actor) in the airport just to see even a glimpse of their idol. BUT even a little time for God, they are not willing to give. Sad.

    I'm glad you have the heart for God!
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete