Friday, March 4, 2011

Watch Your Mouth

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof (Proverbs 18:21).  Those who love to talk, shall reap the consequences.  There are just some times in life where you just need to shut up and listen.  Be quite and be still, observe the surrounds around you.  Learn to discern who and what is in motion.

Some one who is always talking, love the center of attention, love to know and share information; you must be very careful of this person.  The Word of God says, "From the fruit of his lips a man enjoys good things, but the unfaithful have a craving for violence" (Proverbs 13:2).  I am always mindful of those I see who love to talk.  No good thing comes from a "motor mouth" who likes to spueling garbage.  " When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise" (Proverbs 10:19).

I have learned to ask God to "bridle my tongue daily".  I don't want to speak word curses out of my mouth.  I only want to speak things that will edify and build up, not tier down.  I want to speak blessings.  "He who guards his mouth and his tongue keeps himself from calamity" (Proverbs 21:23).  There is power in the tongue.  What we say has the ability to create situations, emotions, and thoughts in others. A kind word helps people, negative words hurt, sometimes for a very long time.

Even when I speak about myself, I've learned to stop saying "I can't" or "Why did I do that, I'm crazy".
The words that we use and the conversations we have with our self and others create things within. They can create positive things or negative things. It is our choice. The tongue has the power of life and death. This is why it is so important to be diligent in using the power of the tongue to create a positive force in our lives and in the lives of others.

I am called to be God's mouthpiece, so it is vital that I watch my words, and speak only when the Holy Spirit releases me.  I make it a priority to lay before the Lord daily, sometimes several times a day; to receive more of God and less of me.  I don't want to allow my emotions to get in the way of being about my Father's business, so I press in, and when I am offended I immediately surrender it to God, so I don't move outside His will, allowing my mouth to get my into trouble. 

It is very heard sometime to let go of offense, especially when people say hurtful things to you, and your first reaction is to sound off back at them.  But think about it.  It's not worth the time and energy to retaliate, because what good does it do in the end.  Because I now know who I am, and Whose I am, I choose to respond differently to offensive words and actions toward me.  "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world" (1 John 4:4).  I have a great power living on the inside of me, and I don't want to grieve the Holy Spirit, so I am more conscience now of my words, and how I speak and respond to others, even in an offensive situation.  And it is hard, but I love My God more than getting back at others.  The bottom line is; I belong to God, He is for me, and He will take care of me, and work all things out for my good as long as I stay lined up with Him.

Learn to watch your mouth and be mindful of the words you speak.  Do they tier down, or do they edify and build up?

Be blessed!

6 comments:

  1. It is not just the tongue problem, but a heart problem. Jesus said, "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks." The words that comes out from our mouth reflects what's inside our hearts... And yes, it is important, to check our motive: if it is to break or to build

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister, you are so right! It is a problem of the heart. Another one of my prayers is for the Lord to "give me a clean heart". God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, Pamela. The Lord has been patient with me on this, helping me to mind my tongue. Thank you for posting this great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stopping by to let you know that I have given you a blogger award! :) Because you deserve it! Go to my blog to check it out:

    http://ameaningofoptimist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Nice blog Pamela! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pamela, Just checked out your blog.....keep spreading the light of our Lord. I'm a new follower!

    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete