Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Crying Out for The Bread!

I'm tired of reading about God's visitations of yesteryear.  I want God to break out somewhere in my lifetime so my children can say, "I was there!"  God has no grandchildren.  Each generation must experience His presence.  Recitation was never meant to take the place of visitation.

We are now reduced to being shallow students of what we hope to experience someday.  I'm constantly reading about revival because I don't have the experience to yet write about it.  The Bread of God's presence must be restored to the Church.  Will you pray with me?  Will you cry out and stand in agreement with me?

Two things happen when the Bread of God's presence is restored.  Naomi was a prodigal who left the house of bread when the table became bare.  But once she heard that God had restored bread to Bethlehem (the house of bread), she quickly returned.  The prodigals will come back to Bethlehem from Moab once they know there is bread in the house, and they will bring others with them.  Naomi came back to the house of bread accompanied by Ruth, who had never been there before.  The never saved will come.  As a result, Ruth became part of the Messianic lineage of Jesus when she married Boaz and bore him a son named Obed, who was the father of Jesse, who was the father of David (See Ruth 4:17).  Future royalty awaits our hunger spurred actions.  I am hungry!  Are you?

What we call revival is nothing more than recycling of saved people through the Church to keep them fired up.  But this next wave of revival will bring waves of unchurched people into the House of Bread.  People who have never stepped foot in the doors of the House of Bread.  When they hear that there is really bread in the house, they will come running through the doors after smelling the fragrance of hot bread from the ovens of Heaven!  I want them to smell it coming off of me, and be compelled to ask "What must I do to be saved?"

We can not beso  full and satisfied with other things that we insist on "getting by" with our crumbs of the past.  We can not just be happy with our music the way it is.  We can not just be happy with "renewal" meetings.  It is time for some radical movement in the Church.  I'm not happy, because I want more!  I'm tired of just reading about a great revival, I want to experience it!  I know that there is far more than anything we have ever seen or hoped for yet, and it has become a holy obsession of mine.  I want God!  I know I sound redundant, but I don't care!  I want more of Him!

Will you join me in the chase?  I'm radical about my pursuit of God, and I'm not asshamed to admit it.  God is an awesome God!  Whatever I got to do, to get to Him, I'm doing!  I need more of God, more of His presence, more of His Spirit, more and more and more!

Be blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Hi.. Thank you for following my blog. As a way of thanking my followers, I posted a blog about you and fellow followers... So kindly check this post:

    http://todrawneargod.blogspot.com/2011/04/following-followers.html

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete