Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Sweaty Road to Revival

I keep hearing Christians from all over crying for a revival, but no one wants to sweat it out.  All we want to do is sing and dance in the procession.  These man centered revivals go as smoothly as David's first "ark trip" until we hit a God-bump at Nachon's threshing floor.

We need to stop and think that these "bumps" on the road to revival may well be the hand of God saying:

"No more of this none-sense!  I have had enough!  I will no longer let you handle my casually and cavalierly.  I will no longer let you handle me with no sweat.  Revival cost!  My glory cost!  If you really want to move Me from 'Heaven to earth', you are going to have to sweat it out.  Don't try to transport My glory on your man-made programs, methods, and agendas!"

David retreated and did some re evaluating after Uzzah was struck dead at Nachon's threshing floor.  Uzzah died after he tried to stabilize what God had shaken.  We still try to do this today.  Who are we to try to smooth out the bumps and round off the edges of God's commandment. 

God has had enough of man's ways.  David discovered that God had told Moses that the ark should be transported only on the shoulders of sanctified Levites.  God rocked the cart to let David's crew know about this, He didn't want anyone holding up what He was striking down.

Wake up church!  God is calling for holiness.  It's time to repent and line up with God and His Word, His Way and His Will!  There is no easy way to revival, we must sweat it out!

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment