Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Patience In Tribulation

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've blogged.  So much has happened since I last posted, but in spite of it all, My God is still worthy of all my praise!  My son Cory was in the hospital the week of the fourth of July, he had surgery; and the doctor's didn't think he would do well because of his chronic breathing problem.  But God is so awesome, there are just no words; Cory came out of the surgery breathing on his own, and he looks great today.  He still breathing on his own, no machine breathing for him!  So I must bless the Lord at all times, even when my flesh doesn't feel like it.  Even when I'm hurting deep with in, I must press in and get into the presence of God, abandon my emotions and Let God be God; because He is in control.

So I surrender to the Lord, and give Him my problems, burdens and concerns.  I desire your prayers, because I feel waited down at the moment, but I know my God is able.  I understand that the professed love of Christians to each other should be sincere, free from deceit, and meaningless words.  But I ache within, because I struggle with hurt from the very people that are close to me.  The ones who have access to my inner circle.  I know that this is a time for spiritual growth for me.  God is breaking pride, selfishness, and other things in me, and I am open to Him to do that.

Because I am His, and He is mine; I have learned to detest and dread all evil, and love and delight in whatever is kind and useful.  I want what God wants, so I must endure and seek the things of God.  I share this with you as encouragement in times of storm and pain.  We must not only do what is good, but we must cleave to it.  All our duty towards one another is summed up in one word, LOVE.  I am in God, and He is love.  This denotes the love a parents should have to their children; which is more tender and natural than any other, unforced and unconstrained.  And love to God and man, with zeal for the gospel, will make the wise Christian diligent in all his wordly business, and in gaining superior skills.

God must be served with the spirit, under the influences of the Holy Spirit.  He is honored by our hope and trust in Him, especially when we rejoice in that hope.  That is what I'm doing today saints; I'm rejoice in the hope I have in Jesus.  In that hope, He is served, not only by working for Him, but by sitting still quietly, when He calls us to suffer.  This is my call today, to suffer and learn to love the unlovable, and walk in holiness regardless of the actions of others around me, especially those closest to me.  It's not easy, but I trust God!

Patience for God's sake, is true piety or devotion to the Most High.  Those that rejoice in hope, are likely to be patient in tribulation.  We should not be cold in the duty of prayer, nor weary of it.  Not only must there be kindness to friends and brethren, but Christians must not harbor anger against enemies.  It is but mock love, which rests in words of kindness, while our brethren need real supplies of love shown in deed, actions, our living; and it is in our power to furnish it to them; because greater is He... (1 John 4:4)

We must be ready to entertain those who do good, and as there is occasion, we must welcome strangers.  Regardless of what is going on in our lives, we must bless, and not curse.  That means thorough good will; not, bless someone when at prayer, and curse them at other times.  But bless them always, even when being used, even in hurt.  As believers, we have the power to rise above all ugliness and sin, and walk in holiness, because Jesus has given us that authority. 

True Christian love will make us take part in the the sorrows of joys of each other.  We must labor as much as we can to agree in the same spiritual truths; and when we come short, still agree in affection.  We must look upon worldly pomp and dignity with holy contempt.  It is for us to live our lives as ambassadors of the Kingdom of God, a chosen people, set apart to do the will of God.  We must not be followers of this world and the things in it, and not love the things of this world; but be reconciled to the place of God in His providence put in us.

I bless the Lord for nothing is below us, but sin.  We are MORE THAN Conquerors (Romans 8:37)!  So no matter where you find yourself today, God is able, and in Christ Jesus, you have the power to overcome, stand strong and trust God with your life.  I surrender all!

Be blessed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment