Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Worth Is In Christ Jesus

So many people suffer with a spiritual identity crises.  They tend to measure their worth by comparing themselves to others.  They will think more highly of themselves because they enjoy greater abilities, intelligence, status or wealth.  Or they look down on themselves and envy others because they feel they are not as capable, smart, powerful, or rich.

This is a deadly disease to a believer.  That is why Paul offered an antidote over in the book of Romans.  To see ourselves not as we stack up to others, or as others evaluate us, but as God sees us (Romans 12:3).   My worth is found in Christ alone.  It is only by the grace of God, I am who I am today (1 Corinthians 15:10).  And despite my past, I am a new creature with a new identity in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17). 

I thank God for the degrees I have, and the professional credentials, but more importantly, I thank God for His power, because it gives me everything I need to live my life and pursue godliness (1 Peter 1:3).  Everything I have; family, friends, possessions, health, all comes from my heavenly Father (Job 1:21).  Knowing this, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Philippians 4:13).  I am "fearfully and wonderfully" made (Psalm 139:14).  In Christ, I have my true identity, apart from Him, I am nothing (John 15:5).

So I don't have to compare myself to anyone, because I find my worth in Christ.  Do you suffer with an identity crises, low self-worth, comparison issues?  Learn to see yourself as God sees you.

Be blessed!

2 comments:

  1. why does christ And the father forsake me with my children

    ReplyDelete
  2. So useful information. Actually I didn't knew these information. Thanks for sharing these. If you need the worship chords then you can visit the link.

    ReplyDelete